View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 11:35 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Well I'm glad we have you as our Limbaugh show correspondent, but I'm sure you'll find a way to get that wrong too.

The left, especially in the last couple months, has been pushing this notion that Putin is the ultimate strongman who controls every aspect of Russian government, right down to the minutiae level. That, of course, isn't the case. WaPo made this point in a "The Post's View" editorial just a couple months ago. Its also a point that has been made recently by Stratfor. Russian political history if rife with intrigue, in-fighting and the last few decades are no exception.

So while I agree that Putin is the current President and has consolidated his power much like his predecessors, keeping power in Russia is a constant struggle. Therefore, I don't buy this notion that nothing happens in Russia unless Putin knows about it.

That said, could he have orchestrated the hacks? Sure. But the evidence and rationale presented so far is pretty damn flimsy. It is far to flimsy to support drawing conclusions about supposed intent.

What's my motive? I don't care for the BS that has been sold as news and regard this "hacks were designed to favor Trump" story as just another bit of that BS. Nothing you've presented here so far changes that view, and in fact some of it has reinforced that view.
Good God, you are such a stooge. And a willing one at that. Love strong man leaders do ya? Don't bother answering that, it's obvious you do.

I've worked with Russians who left their country because Putin is EXACTLY what you've been led to think he isn't.

If you love Putin so much, you know where Russia is and you're free to go anytime you like.