View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Whaassup Chas. Guilty conscience or something? The cartoon was posted in response to Eddie's comment about media coverage of the oil spill. I guess you're right that the point of the cartoon is that this type of effort to dill oil would not be necessary unless we consumers had such a voracious appetite for fuel. I don't think it points the finger at you. We've discussed before the difference between the having a working truck that consumes a larger amount of fuel, and commuting in a gas hog that hasn't had a payload bigger than a few sacks of groceries.

I do think that the event creates an opportunity for discussion whether greater emphasis should be spent on conservation than on finding other sources to feed the beast.

Regards,

D-Ray
That's it I'm on a guilt trip.

Actually, it was a poor stab at humor on my part. I've been mentally exhausted for the last three weeks and have been way off of my game.

Actually, I'm a fan of sensible green energy. By sensible, I mean affordable. Make it cost effective, and I'll be the greenest SOB on the planet.

Anyway, it's time for me to go to work.

Chas