View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 07:57 PM
Admin

"Republican panic at the prospect of facing Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential race has suddenly reached Godzilla-nearing-Tokyo proportions. The election is more than two years away, and Clinton hasn’t even decided whether to run. But none of this seems to matter to the GOP strategists and spinmeisters who are launching the whole arsenal at her — smears, innuendo, false charges. Already, they’ve moved beyond distorting her record to simply making stuff up.

As these damp squibs clatter harmlessly to the ground, it’s useful to remember that Clinton has seen it all before. And I mean all . Anyone who thinks she’ll be rattled or intimidated hasn’t been paying attention the past few decades.
If anything, Republicans are succeeding in raising Clinton’s profile and perhaps making her a more sympathetic figure. This was certainly the impact of Karl Rove’s smarmy and unfounded recent speculation about her health. " WaPo

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...y.html?hpid=z3

Eugene Robinson at the Post certainly has a way with words.

Last edited by bobabode; 05-15-2014 at 08:02 PM.