View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
It's all about cronyism, TJ. It has always gone on in one form or another but now, after a decades long campaign to paint "big government" as the source of all out problems, we have a sizable portion of the population believing that privatization is the fiscally responsible and "businesslike" way to do things.

By the way, it ain't just us. The UK just privatized the Royal Mail and will probably get around to the National Health before long. Privatized detention facilities for asylum seekers in the UK are a huge scandal right now and the British government is blocking access to them by the press and human rights organizations.
Western Europe and the UK have never had an issue about the concept of Civil Service. For some reason it is a big negative here. Although I think the UK under Cameron has cut back significantly on government employment since the Great Recession.

I love being a government worker. I am almost done reading my science fiction novel.