View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 10:36 PM

Stereorob year 4 update

Figured I'd give you guys an update of what was going on in my life if anyone really gives a shit prob not but I'm bored so here goes.. Last year get up with life and the way things were going, I packed up my stuff and moved back to north Florida to be closer to my family. I loved west palm and still do, but my folks are getting older now and I had a little voice in the back of my head telling me I should be closer to home. I'm glad I listened to it because about 2 months after I moved back my father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He fought a hard battle but he seems to be recovering from it now, thank god. Anyway, when moving back I came home to what was virtually a strange city. I was gone for 8 years and in a city like orlando that's in constant transition, I barley recognized the place but was glad to be home. When I left west palm I rented a 32 foot Uhaul truck. All I took was my gear and my girl took her stuff. I left almost everything else behind. I ended up moving back into my old family home in the college park neighborhood, uptown orlando and was once again rocking it out in my old garage. It was a cool place when I was 16, but not as a 29 year old lol. So with my life savings I bought my first real home, not a trailer but a REAL house and IM DAMN PROUD OF THAT. the place is great. It's a classic old Florida block house from the 1950s with plaster walls and hardwood floors. 2,150 square feet under air with a large two car garage and a nice workshop area in the back, on a quarter acre lot. I landed a job at the local lexus dealer as a product spe************************t and love every minute of it. I work 60 hour weeks and really don't have much time for my hobbies anymore sadly, but I still fit in a hour here or there to tinker. Basically I grew the hell up. It took me awhile and I guess I'm a late bloomer but I did it. I've got a wife I love, a cool old house, two full size lexus sedans in my driveway, money in the bank, and a garage full of old stereo stuff. What more could a guy ask for?