View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 04:06 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Ah, I see.

Well, we corporate goons understand that economies are cyclical, and the likelihood of a future recession is always there. So, yeah, six to eight years from now its quite possible (and if history is any guide, quite probable) that there will be a recession. And just like a million monkeys banging away at typewriters creating the possibility that one of them might produce War and Peace, Chick's prognostication of economic doom and gloom six to eight years from now has a similar chance of being correct.

So, since this particular corporate goon will likely be retired by then, I'll have little control over what might happen at that time. However, I've squirreled away all of my ill-gotten gains in questionable investments and tax sheltered accounts enabled by tax loopholes, so I should be just fine.
Me too. I'm up to a half million now because I had the brains to ignore Republican scare mongers in 2009. Imagine if everyone had ignored those assholes, how much more quickly the economy might have recovered.....?

The only problem I have is in the way politicians play it. One steps into an economy that has already grown out of a deep recession, stocks risen from say ~6500 to almost 19,000, unemployment fallen substantially from about 10% nationally to less than 5%...……. And the man he follows gets zero credit while he actively grabs all the credit, having done absolutely nothing to earn it. That's a lying prick, right there. I'm sure you've watched that sort of thing happen from time to time in your career. After all, businessmen can be lying, backstabbing pricks just like any politician. Now, fast forward to the next transition of power and who ever follows the current fat, golf course dwelling, credit grabbing showman and this recession you say is inevitable. A repeat of 2008, wherein the economy is collapsing and it's the man who hasn't even won the election yet who is to blame for it? Just something I was wondering about as I cut the grass, today.

Last edited by BlueStreak; 06-02-2018 at 04:10 PM.