Thread: Load Scheduling
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
They distributed those hereabouts when the chemical weapons disposal facility went up, mainly for the possibility of toxic particulate pollution. I had one for a while. Had something like a giant Diesel engine intake air filter with a forced air circulation fan.
Exactly a device like that. What is funny is how they market the servicability of the paper filters. With engine air filters and vacuum cleaners they tell us that the paper filters are not serviceable, i.e. they cannot be cleaned and need to be replaced.

With this Hunter brand contraption the paper filter is suddenly serviceable, but a coarse mesh element upstream of it needs to be replaced.

WTF? The mesh element looks like a K&N engine filter which is designed to be serviceable.

Goddamit. The Hunter filter, although it looks and feels like a K&N filter is not serviceable because it contains charcoal particles that take out stink and are not serviceable.

What the hell? Is that where we are seeking innovation and profit?

I'm still digesting the profit that was made with record players and George Carlin talking about farting in elevators.