View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
I have a Sony 1080I projection TV with a huge sound system in it. We really wanted it out of the house because it is so big (50" screen, huge case). Two weeks ago we loaded it into the back of my truck, drove 150 miles , and unloaded it at my mother in laws house. After all that rough treatment I plugged it in and it did not even need a lens realignment. It is ten years old and gets a fantastic HD picture. I kinda miss the old war horse already. If it dies tomorrow I will consider it money well spent.

On thing to remember when buying a flat screen TV/monitor is that our eyes are not fast enough to tell the difference between an 850P and a 1080P. Save some money and get a high quality 850P. I am going TV shopping this weekend to replace the Sony and will see if I can tell any difference between the two.
You know my Toshiba DLP is going on 7 years .....except for the lamp replacements it does has worked well and provides an excellent picture.
I was expecting the Toshiba LCD I have to last a bit longer...hopefully a inverter board replacement can fix it.