View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
A 30% national sales tax? Just when you thought these clowns couldn't get more stupid, they keep digging. I can't wait until our boy Whell weighs in on the brilliance of this proposal.
1) I'm not your boy. Just the thought of that makes me want to reach for the Pepto Bismol.

2) I don't have an issue with and would support a flat INCOME tax, if for no other reason than the current tax code has evolved into a hideous beast of a Rube Goldberg invention that sits on top of the house that Jack built. A flat income tax proposal, for example, is on the table now in the Wisconsin state legislature and bears watching to see what happens

3) It's hilarious to watch Dems react to the national sales tax proposal. From WSJ: It would raise taxes on the middle class by taxing thousands of everyday items, from groceries to gas,” President Biden said last week. Democratic Reps. Pramila Jayapal and Don Beyer have chimed in on Twitter to call the tax a death blow to middle-class pocketbooks.

Of course, Biden and company just got done "raising taxes on the middle-class" with the so-called Inflation Reduction Act. At the same time, Mr. "no drilling Biden" has contributed to the current historically high gas prices.

Last edited by whell; 01-23-2023 at 11:18 AM.