View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 11:42 AM
reflexionar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
I like The PNW and, if I were to move, it would be there. But if you're at all susceptible to SAD, it may not be the place for you. And it's getting very expensive.
One of the biggest reasons we moved from the Portland area to central OR this year was the sadness factor. After losing our oldest son, my mom, Denise's little brother and mom in 10 months the grey and dreary fall through spring just seems never ending. I did not like the weather climate there at all, but the green and lush vegetation is quite nice. The job climate is much better over there, which kept me there many years longer than I cared for. It is much better than the rest of the state. The political climate over there isn't much to my liking, then again, it isn't here either. West side is probably the most liberal in the country and the east side the most conservative in the country. Those of us right in the middle don't really fit anywhere. Too bad because I am a Portland native.