View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
There are effective regulations on the federal government, it is called The Constitution. However, some administrations ignored it and the current Supreme Court is of no help whatsoever.

I'll make a deal with cyclists who don't want to wear helmets or drivers who don't want to wear seatbelts. The EMTs are not responsible for picking up the pieces when you crash, OK?

Having installed seatbelts in a 1962 Ford Falcon I was damn glad I was wearing them whe it rolled over and screw the government, if you ride in my car it does not move umnless the seatbelts are all on. That is not the result of some interlock but is a result of the driver who does not want his insurance rates to go up.
Wearing seatbelts is a good idea, but a lousy law.

BTW, the seatbelt law was pushed through by the big three who didn't want the added expense of air bags. Then the great unwashed decided they wanted air bags, and the rest if history.

I don't need the gubbermint to tell me when to wipe my ass. Kinda like cops, they ain't around when you really need one. Go help someone else, I don't need it.

Chas