View Single Post
Old 09-22-2023, 02:13 PM
Admin

The MAGA Fueled Shutdown Follies

"Martin Luther nailed his theses to a church door. Matt Gaetz displayed his in the men’s room.

Specifically, the congressman (or somebody) left a draft of his “Motion to Vacate” on a baby changing table in a restroom downstairs from the House chamber, where it was found by journalist Matt Laslo. “H. Res. __,” it began. “Resolved, that the Office of Speaker of the House of Representatives is hereby declared to be vacant.”

But Gaetz (R-Fla.) doesn’t need a resolution to “vacate the chair,” as a motion to remove Kevin McCarthy as speaker is called. For all practical purposes, the chair is already vacant.

It should have been obvious to all this week, if it wasn’t already, that McCarthy (R-Calif.) is speaker in name only, as his leaderless Republican caucus stumbles toward a government shutdown. Review some of the labels House Republicans hurled at each other over the last few days:
“Clown show.” “Clowns.” “Foolishness.” “Weak.” “Terribly misguided.” “Selective amnesia.” “Stupidity.” “Failure to lead.” “Lunatics.” “Disgraceful.” “New low.” “Enabling Chairman Xi.” “People that have serious issues.” “Pathetic.”"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...-gop-deadlock/

Looks like the wheels fell off the Klown Kar in the MAGA controlled House of Representatives and chief klown Matty Gaetz is firmly in the saddle perched on Kevin McCarthy's head. Boo Boo Boebert is in the House cloakroom handing out whatever it is she's handing out and Gym Jordan is squeakily thundering about Hunter Biden.

What a klown show these derelicts are giving the American public. smh