View Single Post
Old 10-26-2023, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
I'm not arguing any of this. But i have to say something about having to be patient with the people of this country when it comes to doing the right thing about much of anything...much less our history of democratized gun carnage. Its like we are a country full of preadolescent middle school children who have to be fed change in emotionally tolerable doses, lest we start stomping our feet, kicking holes in walls and breaking windows.

The Dunblane massacre took place at Dunblane Primary School in Dunblane, near Stirling, Scotland, on 13 March 1996, when 43-year-old Thomas Hamilton shot dead 16 pupils and one teacher and injured 15 others before killing himself. It remains the deadliest mass shooting in British history. And within a year with the approval of the British people, Parliament outlawed possession of handguns and any other firearms outside of long barreled hunting rifles and shotguns. Never happened there again.

Perhaps Great Britain has enough maturity in their electorate to get this done.
Been meaning to stream this;
Listen to: Introducing 'The Gun Machine' Ep. 1: The U.S. gun industry's surprising origin story - https://one.npr.org/i/1204631961:1204631963