View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
We got nabbed by one in the checkout lane...hell, I thought he worked there. In one way, I guess he did.

He went so far as to push our cart out of the store, all the time offering us free tickets to take the Fast Cat down to Cozumel so we could spend the nite in his condos.

I try to be polite to everyone, but I finally had to tell this guy that I wasn't going to buy a condo from him or anyone else, he was wasting his time, and to just go away.

When we were leaving, a guy ran up and picked up our suitcases while I was telling him not to, carried them 15 feet to the bench we were going to sit on, then stuck out his paw. I wound up giving him a 100 peso note as it was the smallest thing I had.

I hope my wife never wants to go back down there, but I know better.

Chas

At least you made it out into the world before being accosted. We had to go through it before we were handed the keys to our suite. What started out as a tour of the place quickly turned into a sales pitch. It was smooth sailing once I put that to rest early on.

Even though I never went in as a potential buyer, I figured that I would give this gal a bit of time to try and earn. It was more a professional courtesy initially but got annoying fast.

I did pretty much the same with the tipping on the way out of there. Not wanting to do an exchange with all the monopoly money I had in my pocket, I was handing out cash like a madman on the way back to the airport. I'm not sure but in my excitement to get the hell out of there, I think I gave one guy the equivalent of $10 US for moving our bags from the cab to a cart