View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Money is fungible and Romney can't make an argument that he's going to take the money from a non-borrowed pot rather than a borrowed pot. As long as the country is running a deficit, the Defense budget is part of that deficit.

Military preparedness has declined by virtue of two wars going on for a decade. We're done with one and will soon be done with the other. This budgetary increase isn't about preparedness, it's about buying expensive weapons systems we don't need (and the Pentagon doesn't even want).
Yep.

Preparedness for what? I see the potential for conflict on the horizon, but it shouldn't be anything we cannot handle at current levels.

Here's a question for you; Is the problem "equipment" or or policies that hinder our military from being more efficient and fully effective?

I vote for the second option.

Anyone who has witnessed the military procurement system in action knows precisely what I am talking about.

Dave