View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 07:35 AM

Finn, noonreal, your responses both miss the mark. The law we're taking about is the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act - key word "affordable." That's how it was "sold" to the American public.

For example, I've been forced to address proactively with a number of my clients a potential employee relations concern: a huge disconnect with employees who've been lead to believe by our government and the media that health insurance costs will come down. There is nothing, NOTHING, in this bill that would prompt premiums to fall. In fact, quite the opposite. Those increased costs, which will be potentially greater for smaller business than large businesses (who can afford them least and whose budgets for contributing to health premiums are more fixed) will be more likely to have to pass those increases along.

Finn - I'm a bit surprised at your question. I'm sure you know that Romney has since attempted to distance himself a bit from the Mass system, which is currently inflating costs for those who elect coverage in that state. I'm not a fan of Ronmey for the Mass HC law, but I still thought he was our best candidate. Hey, I still think the Lions will win the Superbowl in my lifetime, too.