View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 08:21 AM
Admin

"Russia's parliament is expected to consider a constitutional amendment that would allow Russian President Vladimir Putin to run in the 2024 election — a move that could potentially extend his rule until he is 77, if not older.
The proposal would change Russia's constitution so that the president can hold office for three consecutive terms rather than the current limit of two. Putin, who has held high office in Russia since 1999, had previously stepped out of the president's office to become prime minister in 2008 because of term limits.
While Putin was out of the Kremlin, his protege Dmitry Medvedev took over the presidency — and presided over a constitutional amendment that lengthened subsequent presidential terms from four years to six. Putin returned to the presidency in 2012 and won reelection this year." WP

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f6686dbe3b17

I guess that since his buddy President for Life Xi had gotten the royal treatment, this sawed off runt of a KGB agent needed his. Can our own autocrat/kleptocrat in training be far behind?