View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Sounds logical, and I don't have any problem with CC licensing, got a permit myself. It's not an Alaska permit, because we have no requirement. Anyone can carry concealed here, yet (check the stats) our murder rate with firearms is way, way down the list, so the numbers don't support the notion.
Your total population is also way, way, down. Plus there is the survival of the community mentality in Alaska. Winters can be brutal and depressing.

I have also experienced this bonding when I lived in Northern Indiana in the late 70's. The Winters were brutal. We would walk to friends houses in four feet of snow in temps well below 0*F. We were snowed in for weeks with nothing but a stereo and two spotty UHF stations out of Indianapolis and Fort Wayne on the black and white TV. We would congregate at times at different peoples houses and pool our resources for days. Nobody was shot, no gun murders occurred, life was fine on the hard maple tree lined streets of the little town of 1400 people. Thank God we were only 1.5 hours from Chicago. In better weather it was my only saviour.