Thread: An Apology
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
It’s hard to believe that I started participating this site more than 11 years ago. During that time, I became a moderator. Then I bailed. I’m sorry that I bailed and left the other moderators with more to do. More importantly, I’m sorry to the extent that some of the rhetoric I injected into this site contributed to an atmosphere lacking in civility.

There has always been great potential here, and Political Chat drew a number of participants of varying political persuasions, who in good faith sought to share their ideas, sometimes quite passionately. I’ve also seen far too many posts, unfortunately, many of them from people whose political persuasion I generally share, where the only apparent purpose is to insult those whose ideas differ from their own. As I freely admit, I have participated in that conduct as well. For that, I take responsibility.

I don’t think the vitriol we see here is the cause of the current political and social malaise we see in the news, but an untreated symptom of it. As I can find that time, I hope to participate here were frequently, and maybe actually listen. Thanks for your time.

Regards, D-Ray
Most of us grow up and leave the immature sensibilities of our youth. It's been 11 years and you've matured. It happened to me as well. That was a very good post. Thanks!