View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 10:24 AM

Marc,
The issue, in my opinion, is not control of the guns, it is the controll of the people who have them. Your point in other threads are exact, to the point and correct.

I stated in another thread that the Pareto 80/20 rule applies. Most guns are owned by few people. Thes few people will likely never be the problem.

it appears to me that the typical shooter isa person who aquires guns in a short time before the assault. They buy their guns days. weeks, or months before the assault. My point, this could be used as a statistic to identify potential hot spots.

A person wants to buy a gun, okay, but first require a safety course and possibly a defined psych profile workup. No, I don't like this, but something does need to be done.
Once this person passes safety tests and profiles allow them to have a gun. If they want a second, make them wait for awhile, and so on.

After a time, this person will lose interest or not. My point, those who have a strong interest in firearms and are not nuts would continue to buy and sell. This system would not alter that. Those are the folks who should be allowed to do this.

The lunatics would not tolerate this and would go else where. I gues I bleieve that "real" gun hobbyists are not the problem and that it would be possible to identify the nut cases with a well thought out system. This is the only real chance of curbing and preventing these tragedies.

Mark