Thread: CFL's
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
That sometimes has an advantage, the heart specalist that saved my wife by changing her BP medicine gave her about a two month supply from the drug company's handouts. Mind you I know how they can afford to hand out all that stuff. In late 2004 when she started on it it was $300 for a 90 days supply, in January this year that same 90 day supply was $475.

Last night I was watching all the 'experts' debate health care, what a bunch of maroons. At the start they admitted that we spend twice what the other industrializd countries do, and we don't cover everyone, plus in comparison it is disease care not health care. Then when they talked about covering the 47 million who have no insurance they say "But how can we afford it?" Duh, well if we are spending twice what the countries do that cover everyone . . .

We have a close friend who has COPD and diabetes as well as a thyroid condition. The meds to treat all that ailed him amounted... to more monthly than his SSI. As a Korean War Vet and meeting income qualifications...he was accepted at Vet's for treatment and pays a small co-pay for meds. Get this...it was suggested he continue to carry insurance.
It will be very interesting to see how O'Bam Bam carries off the insurance dilema.