View Single Post
Old 02-21-2016, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Hillary will beat Trump like a drum. That is what Lindsey Graham said.
If you haven't noticed all Trump does is shout slogans and beat the nativist drum.

He does not have any specific polices or procedures. He is not grounded in reality.
That "Make America Great Again" is just an empty propaganda boiler plate non sequitur.

Hillary will cut him to shreds in a debate. You see how how Rand Paul embarrassed him on TTP. I think Trump and Limbaugh are the same...they can talk to a friendly audience but can't face an a foe in combat on a neutral turf. You see how Trump has to have his goons remove people who don't agree with him?

Here is a lesson in American politics: People will not vote for a person they believe does not like them. I am a Democrat who voted for Reagan. Although not my best choice, and even thought I did not like him all that much, I never once thought Reagan didn't like me.

Get it?

Millions of Americans feel Trump does not like them. Remember the last time a candidate said that he did not like a certain 47 percent of the country.
Ice, you do make a very logical point as to why Trump will not get support from a broader base. I can almost buy into it. But say Trump is the GOP nominee, unanimous GOP support is a given, so he needs to get a majority of the independents. Question then becomes do a majority of independents support Trump or Hillary.

As of now I will bet on Trump but only till Super Tuesday. Now if he runs the table on Super Tuesday, I will continue to bet on Trump. Would I vote for him? Never, that will be going against conscience.