View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 07:15 AM
Resident octogenarian

I wonder just how many of the posters here have actually been in any European countries for extended periods? I suspect the disparagement of their lifestyles and economies comes from the same sources as all of the so called failings of Canada's single Payer plan.

Having lived in Canada for 53 years and having travelled extensively in Europe I think I am in a good position to judge the quality of life in many of those countries, and frankly the jingoism of "only in America" is getting rather old. I did not see any poor people in The Netherlands, or Denmark, or Germany, even France and Britain seemed to have people who, while less well off, were adequately fed and housed.

Of course we could apply that phrase to the unfettered capitalism that nearly brought down the whole world economy. Odd though how Canada's banks did not need propping up, could it be that their mortgage system actually works? You do know who the TD in TDAmeritrade really is don't you?

When laws are truly designed to provide fair and equal treatment it is a win-win situation. When they are designed to enrich one group at the expense of all the others collapse is inevitable.

Last edited by merrylander; 12-19-2009 at 08:08 AM.