View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 06:15 PM
reflexionar

Back in the day, many of the business owners were members of esteem in their respective congregations. They actually felt compelled to adhere to this type of philosophy. As the years go by, there is as much a separation of church and business as there is of church and state. As big government caters to big business, I don't find this surprising. One of the biggest problems with business and government these days is that big businesses are actually a very small percentage of the businesses in the country. I have never worked long term for a business of more than 50 people. In my work experience, I have almost always been treated fair. This suggests to me that small businesses try for the most part, but since huge corporations have such price and distribution advantages it has cut the profit margins down so far that small business doesn't have as much to spend on their employees. I know the owners of the businesses I have worked for have made substantially more than I do, but none of them were out of the lower 6 figure range.