View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simi View Post
I think if we lost two auto makers at one time, the domino effect would have been huge... could you imagine what things would be like if they along with many massive financial companies were to have fallen around the same time?

A lot of support companies and industries that supply their needs would be hitting the streets and failing too. This place could be looking a lot worse had SOME of the bailouts not have happened... Others could have failed though. They just suqandered the money..

I'm still waiting for the next shoe personally. A country can't be so indebt, and the government hanging onto too much business interest without some sort of big change coming down the road.... I just hope it's not during my time... life hasn't been so bad since the last big changes, next one could be.
The U.S. auto industry is small potatoes compared to the U.S. housing industry and nobody bailed anybody out there. Do you know how many companies and privately held businesses have failed, or gone under, because of the collapse of the housing industry? IMHO, if one or the other "had" to fail, I would have definitely picked the auto industry. And don't get me wrong, I'm against any bailouts, my point here was to explain how insignificant the auto industry is compared to some of the "larger picture" industries such as housing.

Indy