Thread: $50 a bulb??
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacaltenn View Post
There are Many new reactor designs that are inherently safer. IEEE has marvelous journalism on this in Spectrum Mag.

I'm kinda with the anti-frackin' crowd (GASP) in that companies need to disclose what they are putting into the ground.. HOWEVER -- your expectation to have clean water when you live right over a petrol-gas-hydrocarbon reserve is a little suspect. And a lot of what they put into fracking fluids is ALREADY present in those kinds of fields..

OMG -- my water smells like methane. Well -- you LIVE right over a NAT GAS reserve. Here -- let me fix that for you....

As for the Rare and expensive part. It's all logic Merrylander. When you primarily push conservation and not production you are making the quantity RARE. When something is RARE - it tends to get expensive. THat's EXACTLY the eco-left agenda for energy.

That and they want to limit economic growth so that we remain "in sustainable harmony" with the earth.

That and they are mostly So@ialists and hate the fact that energy is not centrally ruled and controlled by their intellectuals.. I better stop there..

The laughable part of that last bit is that if it was not for two Canadian Provincially owned electric utilities half of the northeast US would be in the dark.