View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 06:03 PM

Thanks all. To further expand.

@donquixote99 @Oerets

Thanks to you both.

Id like to openly say. Its fairly apparent some of the most active members here are left leaning. And thats fine with me. Half my motivation in joining here is Id like to try and better understand what folks on the left are thinking and better understand the party in general.

Being the tech nerd, logic reason loving, someone who feels happier and more content simply understanding how and why things are / peoples feelings and motivation. I dont think I have a good understanding of folks on the left.

Ive listened to allot of individuals on the right / conservative side. And while I dont agree with EVERYTHING they say / assert. I find it easy to understand what they are saying and the logic behind their stance.

With that said I feel I have not heard many from the left camp explain their points of view and motivation. And Id like to try and change that. Id like to better understand the many other points of view from the left. I also feel Ive largely seen folks point out the problems of the FAR left group. Kinda like folks talking alt right thinking. Im sure not everyone on the left is as extreme as some folks paint them.

So if folks here see me ask something about their point of view or the left take. Please dont take this as me being cute or patronizing. I really am just trying to better understand folks thinking or something Ive yet to be exposed to.

Again Id love to see political parties leave personal life choices, identities, sex, religion, so on left out of main stream politics. But if it has to be brought into the conversation lets make it rational and grounded.

Im SOOO sick of both sides CONSTANTLY accusing one end of being THIS or THAT and instantly trying to frame someone / view as the worst thing ever, this extreme that reach.....

At the end of the day I feel most people are good in nature. Want to see a better tomorrow. May have kids and want the best for them. Just want to see improvement.

So if any of the left leaning folks here have any grounded sensible talking heads or folks on YouTube they'd recommend I check out to get a better understanding please post your recommendations to me. Id like to hear em.

I absolutely loved Tulsi Gabbard's sit down on the Rogan podcast. Same went for Bernie, and after he explained his idea of how to overhaul health care I completely got it and thought it was a great idea.

Its just when I hear Jordan Peterson and Bret Weinstein talk about their experiences on Rogan it gives me a very negative impression of some of the powers that be which often align themselves with the left. But I dont believe that represents the left as a whole. And this is part of why I want a better picture to gauge things.

Again looking forward to learning more here and having some exchanges of ideas.