View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedwoodGuy View Post
It's called investigating criminal acts. There's nothing actually political about it, so your straw man that this has something to do with the "left" doesn't fly. Historically, the RIGHT is the Law and Order party, BTW.

Allegations have been made that very serious crimes have been committed. Do we not investigate whomever YOU want to designated as not being accountable? Or do YOU designate whole groups as not accountable for crimes? Or, do we let the judicial process do what it is responsible to do - investigate and prosecute crimes?

You have several follow on posts filled with your racial invectives, so I'll assume that for you, whole races are free targets of crime, for which there is no accounting? That view isn't American. It isn't "patriotic" nor is it even in the scope of thought for the most extreme conservative wing of our politics.

If you want to legalize torture, start a movement to do so. Right now, and historically for America, it is illegal. So, it's not the "left" who is imagining and strange idea, it is YOU. YOU are imagining something which is simply not true in America. And guess what? It wasn't the LEFT that made torture illegal, it was the RIGHT!

Do you have a list of other crimes you'd like the justice department to ignore?
I don't see myself as a racist, but more of a stereotyper/profiler. If I see a terrorist act committed by a certain "people", then see those same people clamoring in the streets and burning American flags, I admit to not trusting, or liking that group (or nation). Heck, if it wasn't for guys like me, who would the lefties have to be disgusted with? Here's an example; I still have a weird feeling about German people. Most of that feeling probably comes from stories my Dad told me about WWII, and things I've seen on TV and read about that time. To me, that's stereotyping. A racist would hate the Jewish folks too I think, and I don't. As a matter of fact, all the Jewish folks I know, are cool as hell. So, I guess I profile Taliban people as viscous killers of old men, women, and children, and to me, I'd rather see every one of them get water-boarded, rather than one innocent American get killed (no matter what color they are). I'm just thankful I live in a country that allows me to have these ideas, and you to have yours.