Thread: ferguson
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/mic...-blitz-n185061

It says blacks are 66% more likely to be stopped than whites. If one sees the police at best an annoying reach into your pocket for citation revenue it is not hard to understand the anger directed at them.
I've read that Ferguson, Mo is app 67% black and 29% white. And whenever you take into consideration the behavior of the Ferguson area blacks after the incident, it's no wonder they're stopped 66% more often than whites.

Of course the police profile young black males more than little old green haired ladies driving home in a Delta 88 full of cat food. If you sent me out there to control crime I'd do the same thing.

I've got news for you. If you look like an asshole, or more importantly ACT like an asshole...particularly while conversing with "Officer Friendly"...your ass is likely to go to jail.

Being polite, friendly, and respectful goes a long way to guaranteeing that you will be released to continue on your way.

I used to be a dirty hippie drug addict back in the good old days whenever the cops profiled THEM. And I was always turned loose, most of the time without even a ticket, except for a couple of times in Montgomery County, Texas. But that was a crooked county, the Texas DPS finally cleaned them up after they arrested the wrong guy.

Perhaps Ferguson, Mo is just as dirty as Montgomery County, Texas was. I've never been there, I'm for sure as Hell not going there...so I don't know.

Chas