View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 12:37 AM

Death

What can I say, I was a COI at the joint for a couple of years back in the early '80's...only job I could get at the time.

And it wasn't just any joint, it was the Missouri State Pent., the only maximun security institution in the state at the time. They weren't just bad eggs, 95% of 'em were rotten eggs. Life & 50 meant you were a short timer.

About a month before I was hired on, the con's damn near killed a Sgt. in one of the housing units, stabbed him 5 or 6 times, pretty much crippled him. While I worked there, the cons killed an old guard at a different institution, which resulted in a really big stink. The shift commander called for authorization to use firearms to put down the riot, and was denied permission. Well, he was so pissed off, he passed out riot guns, and according to the Cap't. "Shot the shit out of everybody".

And that's a fact...they brought one to MSP (we had the hospital) that took a load to his chest and the side of his head. I was working the control center desk that nite. He was lucky they were firing the two #4 duck and goose loads that they topped the magazine off with at the time, the rest of the magazine was loaded with 00 buck.

A couple of years before I went to work there, the con's murdered an LT who was working his last day before retirement. They stabbed him something like 56 times, stabbed his eyeballs out of his head, then stuffed him under a bunk in one of the housing units. Talked to an old guard who responded...said it was the most gruesome thing that he had ever seen.

I was only there for a couple of years, but I can tell stories for a week.

Bottom line is, there is no need to stockpile people like this. And after a few years, they become so institutionalized that there is no way that they can ever return to society, even if they calm down.

Do you want one living next to you?

Chas

PS: I believe in the death pentaly.