View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 11:03 AM

In his speech he quoted the golden rule, but went on to actually use examples of how you and I wish to be treated, and how we should reciprocate that treatment. How we should not just quote the rule and feel good. Put aside politics and listen to the speech in it's whole and then try to dissect it, that just doesn't work.
My opinion, his speech stated that people and their welfare, should be every ones main concern and priority. And this should extend to every aspect of peoples lives. From immigration, to refugees, to global warming, and to capitalism and politics, it all matters. After all, if people don't matter, what does. Why do anything if we are not looking at each other with compassion and hope. If the only thing that matters is the individual's economics as a single unit, then we have failed. People as whole should be considered. People as individual units should strive to treat others as they would treat themselves. A very social message, if my understanding is correct, and very much my opinions as well.