Thread: Bank Fees
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajobu View Post

My point is, is that folks with low balance accounts need this money WAY more than the banks do, and I think that they are just preying on small account holders, waiting, and looking for more opportunities to just make easy money whilst they sit at the government trough taking our tax dollars.
:
That's capitalism.

I love the banks that authorize a charge over your limit, pay it then charge you a $39 fee and double your interest.

Or when they make the due date on Sunday so you think you have more time than you have then don't process any payments on Saturday or Sunday.

Or the banks that get scared by the credit crunch (while taking federal funds) and decide that you minimum payment is now doubled.

Or the bank that you have a line of credit with for 10 years that gets itself into trouble,(again takes our taxpayer money) and decides to cancel it without notice even though you have never missed a payment nor paid late and it puts you out of business.

I can start on the cable company. phone company, propane industry or just about any major capitalist business you like.
Just let me know.