View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozmoid View Post
Cultural and lifestyle changes will have to take place for full electrics to be effective any time soon - we will need to reduce our travel distances and speeds.

We need to make our lifestyle fit the available solution, and stop looking for solutions that fit our lifestyles - what would you do if your vehicles were taken away and replaced by horses? **That 220 miles a day for work, school and ball games would be right out the window...

Yes it would be out the window. The population would be forced to live in the city nearest them and leave their piece and quiet in the sticks. I'd remain where I am though, and breed our mares back before they get old so we'd still be able to work the soil for the garden if no fuel was avalible for tractors or tillers. I guess they could force me off my land if I was being carried by six to be burried where ever they were planting me. Same way with guns, they can have 'em once they pry 'em from my cold dead fingers. It'd also piss off alot of us akers if we couldn't drive hundreds of miles cross country to shoot the shit with each other while enjoying our tunes. We could still pull it off though, just harness my horses upto your old van, and head out about a month early

If they went back to horses, I'd expect the government to do the same, grounding even their own planes. May as well do it right, hey?