View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Correct. And so are the registration tags I pay $29 a year for and the safety inspection that costs $16 a year, and of course we can't forget the 4% property tax...............Welcome to Virginia, deep, vibrant red, true patriotic republicans who believe in low taxation. (But, only for billionaires and churches. Taxes are for the little people.)

Speaking of taxes; Maybe if we reminded the religious folk of their organizations tax free status and suggest that if they want to gain political power that their church should pony up? I can hear the preachers howling and screaming cries of "SATAN!!!" now.

Dave
$29.00? You'd really hate California's. I just paid mine for my ten year old vehicle. It was $289.00 plus the $65.00 for the mandated smog check.

I'd think that the slogan on the license is "push back" against the anti-religion groups that insist on eliminating all religious symbolism in the public arena. I think the motivation itself undermines the legitimacy of their argument. "In God We Trust" ought not be on any license plate. Given the sordid state of the world, I'm not sure I'd place much trust in God.

Last edited by bhunter; 11-30-2011 at 12:44 PM.