View Single Post
Old 11-04-2021, 11:39 AM
Area Man

Long ago, in the early 1990s when I was still a Republican and daily Rush Limbaugh listener, I recall listening to a Republican politician talk about long term strategy. The topic, IIRC, was an airline strike and what he felt needed to be done to create a "business atmosphere" more favorable to corporate executives........

He referred to Americas workforce as ".....too protective of contracts that are unfavorable (to management)...." and how we needed a way to ".....make Americas workforce more malleable.".

malleable
[ˈmalyəb(ə)l]
ADJECTIVE
(of a metal or other material) able to be hammered or pressed permanently out of shape without breaking or cracking.
"a malleable metal can be beaten into a sheet"
synonyms:
pliable · ductile · plastic · pliant · soft · workable · shapable · moldable · tractile · tensile
easily influenced; pliable.

In other words, more easily hammered, squeezed and molded into whatever form corporate bosses desire, WITH THE HELP OF GOVERNMENT.

So, somebody please tell me how this represents "freedom" more than an ideology that allows the workers the ability to organize and push back against corporate power?

I don't believe it is. In fact, I believe American right wing ideology will soon turn into a dystopian nightmare that will make any silly Liberals policies look like paradise by the time it fully plays out. Already, American workers complain daily about being powerless in the workplace but can't seem to fathom why that is as they stand in line to vote Republican.

Soon, it won't matter to me as I plan to retire by the time I turn 60, in two years. But, I will be watching and enjoying the show.

Dumbasses.

Last edited by BlueStreak; 11-04-2021 at 11:44 AM.