View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
What happened in New York's 23rd congressional district has been happening in my district for several years. To state the obvious, Kansas has been a consistently red state for years. I am one of the people who bring down the percapita income of Johnson County, which houses a several financial firms and some high tech businesses and serves as a bedroom community for the professionals and management officials who work in Kansas City, MO. One might expect Johnson County to be a pretty reliable place for republican votes.

For at least the last ten yeary (more I think) we have had a democratic congressman in this district - Dennis Moore. The national GOP regularly targets this seat as one they think they can take over. The problem is that the right wingers who are taking over the national GOP have already taken over the Kanas GOP. Each time they put up a candidate on the right fringe of american politics. Therefore, this economically republican district regularly delivers a democrat to congress because the professionals living here don't all buy into the social, we're gonna watch what you do in your bedroom, conservatism.

So as to not overstate my point, I should also point out that this district also takes in Wyandotte County, a considerably less affluent county, and Lawrence Kansas, where all of those liberal eggheads gather.

I see the same thing happening to the national GOP, with the possibility that Sarah Palin becomes the voice of the party. The more she and the others pull the party to the right, the better chance that the democrats will retain the presidency and gain more seats in congress. God bless the religious right.

Regards,

D-Ray
You live in Johnson County and pull down the per capita income?

Does that mean you only own one helicopter?

Just kiddin!!! Us podunks down here in Bugtussell have been makin' fun of yew rich Johnson County folks fer years. Speedin' through here in all of them rich folks cars, ya know, Crown Vics, maybe a Caprice or two. All of 'em so new that ya couldn't get by with Historical Plates...least not legal!!!

Now I'm not overly religious, being raised a Methodist. You can relate, can't you D-Ray?

Liberal eggheads? Trade you a Columbia, MO for a Lawrence, KS. Won't have to ride so far to burn 'em out this time!!!

And even being a religious zealot, and a member of the VRWC, I have never advocated conservatives controlling what happens in someone's bedroom.

I may be trying to peek in the window with my Minolta 10x50 field glasses!!!

And there's always the chance I'll be watching two wimmen!!!!

Take care,

Chas