View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 03:11 AM

Where's it from?

EDIT. Written in haste as I had to catch a bus.

Depends where it came from. I don't know about US Banks but UK banks were bailed out by the government (taxpayer) but they still give incredible bonuses to staff who were directly responsible for screwing things up. Fred Goodwin (ex chief of Royal Bank of Scotland) gets £693,000 pension per year for the rest of his life plus a multi million £ bonus.

RBS made me bankrupt 10 years ago and my credit rating's been affected ever since. After the case legal advice was they acted improperly and I could go back to Court to ask that the bankruptcy be overturned, but that it would cost approximately £2000 to do this. I didn't have £2000.......... In comparison, last year RBS was within 24 hours of being declared insolvent, so the government stepped in and now owns 68% of it, but they still pay that greedy bastard £13,326 PER WEEK for the rest of his worthless life. OK, he's moved abroad on the grounds that if he were in the U.K. his life expectancy might be a bit short, but if the found money came from RBS, I'd take and keep as much as I possibly could and smile as I did it.

Last edited by Combwork; 06-15-2009 at 10:08 AM.