View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 07:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Short of a constitutional amendment repealing/modifying the 2nd amendment, there's no way we as a country will disarm. AFAIK, the Brits have never had that stumbling block.

It's easy to sit back and talk about balls and spines without offering any solution. Got one?
Sure I got one...stop whining behind something you've decided is impossible. It was impossible to stop the corporatists and their stooges in government (including the Democrats who actually started the fucking thing) from waging their war of opportunity in SE Asia. It was impossible to elect a black President.

It's easy to sit back? Nobody said it would be easy. You want to lay down and die while school children are being gunned down 20 at a crack, go right ahead bob. That's what's easy. Or maybe you're one of the many board members I'm told we have who loves his guns.

Humans are a barbarous breed, particularly American humans as the gun history in this country has proven. If we really want a firearms homicide rate like they have in Europe or any other actually civilized country, the only way to do it is get the guns out of our hands. Maybe we really want that sort of homicide rate, or maybe we really don't, eh?

Maybe I'm a fart in the wind, bob. But I won't squeeze my pucker string shut because maybe you think it's stinking up the board. We won't STFU about the impossibility of single payer, but I'm supposed to STFU about a handgun ban? What's that all about?

Last edited by Ike Bana; 06-04-2015 at 11:46 AM.