Thread: Nice...lol!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
It's an on again off again proposition.

I sold my camera and darkroom equipment back in the 70's because I was only set up for B&W, and it took all day to make a dozen 8x10's. Never shot color because I was a purist, if I couldn't do all of my own work, I wouldn't do it at all.

After I got married my wife was always taking photos with some crap camera, everything turned out looking like you were viewing it through the bottom of a glass. So I picked up another Pentax and collected an assortment of lenses, filters, tripod, etc...everything you could possibly need.

I really got into the digital darkroom thing when it 1st came out. Had a Scan Man (remember those), had one room with the walls covered with photos, basically 8x10's, and several 16x20's as I'd purchased a medium format printer.

Then we moved to a digital camera. Don't do prints unless someone wants one, just store everything on a HD. Haven't used the film camera in years.

I guess I'm a crank. It was more enjoyable when I had to do things the hard way. Now, when I can just sit the camera in the dock and push one button, it bores me to tears.

No challenge, I guess.

Chas
crank, no
digital, took much of the artistry out of reproduction hence you lost interest, understandable