View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
There is a bit of good news, my son in law works for the giant tooling company Kennemetal, they're closing production in India and... China? and bringing it back here. They pay pretty well too, kinda a good old fashioned skilled blue collar job.

Antitrust is a joke. I spoke to a plastic supplier a few years back, he said if one giant oil company raised raw material prices a penny everyone else did too.

Pete
"Here", as in to Ohio? That would be cool. I'd love to see Ohio back on top. Ohio has produced some great people. Like you and me, for instance.

I used to work with plastics engineers from GE, Beyer and Wellman when I worked in the automotive industry. What that guy told you is very true. But, it's not just plastics, it's everything. Why do you think cars are all similarly priced, no matter who made it, or where it was made? Lowballers learn to play along or get run out of town in that industry. It's just the real ways of the world, I'm afraid.

Dave