View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Tell me about it, I just sent our son a cheque so he could get the two girls their Christmas presents. It is not just the damn forms but the Post Office seems to have a new rule on shipments to Canada - "How much are the contents worth? Ok that is the postage."
Well, how else are the people in customs going to know if there is anything worth stealing in the package?

Years ago I bought an SME IIIs owners manual from a guy in Germany. He wanted payment in the form of $20 US cash. He notified me that he received the envelope but without the green. So I sent another.

Then I received an envelope minus the manual. As he had another, he sent it and it finally made it.

Now I can understand customs stealing the green money, but a SME manual? I imagine that only a few of them had any idea of what is was.

I also bought a case of Busha Brownes Pukka Sauce from Jamaica. When it arrived, it had been opened and one bottle stolen.

Low rent bastards.

I suppose I should be grateful that the ninja brigade didn't wait until I had taken the package indoors and then burst in and shot my dog.

Chas