View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 08:46 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
I am having an excellent morning, Dave. Sitting here with the blonde having a cup of coffee...and she's looking as edible as the day I met her when we were both 17. ("She's too cute to be a minute over 17." - Chuck Berry)

I will admit the support from fundamentalist Christians is a bit queer isn't it? I know some of them, like the Salvation Army folks, really believe that Jews are "the chosen". And as a big-time SA elder I once knew used to say, "The only way into heaven is on the coat-tails of a Jew." But I will agree that most of the support from US Christians is political, which I suppose is a shame.

Just please don't leave out all the non-end timer American Jews who are providing financial aid and moral support to their Israeli brethren.

But y'know speaking of "sick of it"...the whole world has been sick of Jews and done it's best to rid itself of Jews in one way or another going back way further than 1946. The 3rd Century BCE in Egypt was a long time ago. So non-Jew humans have had plenty of time to refine their animosity. Typically because Jews have historically been resistant to accept the religious and social standard of whichever predominant culture they were stuck in. Humans don't like that shit much, y'know? Witness the Alexandria slaughter in 38 CE, the Spanish Inquisition, and of course the Holocaust. But what the heck...you want the benefit of being a Jew you gotta accept all that goes with it. And finally the Jews are handed a place of their own so that the rest of the world doesn't have to deal with so many of them anymore (you must know that's what the partition of Israel was really all about)...and, of course nobody likes that either.

"Oy vey ist mir.", as uncle Abe used to say.
Yes, there certainly is plenty of tragic, bloody history that seems to follow them around wherever they go, isn't there?

Meanwhile in the 21st Century;

Witness the fact that others are being forced to pay to protect Israel, send their kids into war to protect Israel and that Israel doesn't really do much of any fucking thing for the rest of the world.

It's actually pretty damn brilliant, really. We even gave them their own country.

The main thing I have always admired about Jews; In no small part, they really are highly intelligent, driven people. The will to survive and thrive no matter how much it costs us or how many of our soldiers must give their lives, is nothing short of breathtaking.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 03-25-2015 at 11:40 AM.