View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 05:33 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Trolling that I'm coming to understand as, often, aggression motivated by animosity. Such animosity is a reaction of authoritarian personalities when they encounter disagreement and criticism, and aggression is their general response.
I understand the practice of trolling to be posting for the primary purpose of disrupting conversations occurring on the website. This is done by aggressively adopting positions that are known to cause a strong response. The troll doesn't necessarily agree with the position he has taken, but posts it to create controversy.

That is why I have suggested that some of Zeke's posts amount to trolling, because no reasonable person would take such an extreme position, such as, for example, suggesting that it is appropriate police conduct to conduct a warrantless vaginal probe based only on smelling pot in conjunction with a traffic stop. Because I believe that Zeke possess the intelligence to understand the extreme nature of this conduct (and to understand the limits of exigent circumstances), his posts supporting this conduct and denigrating the woman were intended only to provoke disgust - and were therefore trolling.

Regards,

D-Ray