View Single Post
Old 08-28-2016, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
I have noticed that for quite some time. I have also noticed that frequently, when someone repeatedly expresses an opposing viewpoint, they are asked to leave, to go to another site that may fit their politics better.

Debate is not really welcome here now, by most.

The learning value has decreased dramatically, unless one wants to learn how to insult someone.

A shame, really.
I disagree that people are asked to leave, certainly not for expressing a sincerely held opinion. I will agree that the suggestion that someone leave, to go to another site, is offered, it's intended as a tactic to point out that the person is posting garbage that would be better suited to another site.

For instance, if (as has happened periodically) a poster begins posting white supremacist opinion, someone might suggest to the poster that their opinions might be better received over at Storm Front. It's a way of saying that the poster's opinions are offensive and unwelcome (whether the are or not) without requiring a considered response.

As for TJ, it's pointless to suggest he go to another forum. He's been banned everywhere else.