View Single Post
Old 04-26-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
I feel pretty safe with no lights. Living at the end of a gravel cul-de-sac 12 miles northwest of a town of 1250 people, if we get burglarized I can pretty much figure it wasn't random. We have motion lights outside for our convenience. Animals are much more likely to trip them than a burglar.
I think we might need to invest in a couple motion nightlights though. When we lived in the Portland area,i f I wanted to go to the bathroom or get a glass of water in the middle of the night there was plenty of light filtering in from outside that I never had to turn a light on. Now that we are in central Oregon I am good for a couple trips or bruises if I get out of bed in the middle of the night. I suppose that could just be construed as another form of safety though.

We used to live in the country.... Outside a small town.... Coyotes and jack rabbits the biggest problem.

Then one day two guys came to the door, postal whipped husband and stun gunned him. Killed our German Shepard and Dalmatian and robbed the house.

By the way.... The weapon we had safely stored was no deterrent.