View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 07:01 PM

Gas was over 4 bucks a gallon and it didn't stop them. If gas gets high as 10 bucks a gallon, I'll still keep my 7 mpg Chevy 1 ton. Why go in dept for 40k or so to replace a truck thats 'paid for' when it's only needed part time to pull the stock trailer?

Thinking about electric cars, those won't do our family either. What? 100 miles on a charge, lol. Two kids here, one in highschool 20 miles from the gradeschool our other kid is in, and they both play ball for school. It is 30 miles one way to work so thats 60 miles each day, then after we run to pick up kids from ball practice from two different schools wich totals 40 more miles a day, then alot of our away games range from 30-60 miles away 'one direction'. That is A-LOT of driving and some days it's not hard to push the poor car 220 miles a day. If each kid has a game on the same night, I have to hop in the truck and take one or the other as one car can't be in two towns at the same time. 4 bucks a gallon was a bitch,even worse on days we had to use two automobiles, but we still stood behind our kids 100% on one income that pays very little. If we can do it, I'm quite sure other folks making much more money than us will not let 4 bucks a gallon slow them down.

Last edited by hillbilly; 05-15-2009 at 07:04 PM.