View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 02:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
And that's all it is. Your opinion.
I think you mean "our" opinions, since that's what I suggested in my prior post...you have yours, I have mine. And even more so since the real fact is:

"Nothing exists except atoms and empty space, everything else is opinion." - Democritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Investment guidance is never a "one-size-fits-all" proposition, and I never indicated that it was. However, for most folks who have access to a 401(k) plan, it will make sense for them to leverage that plan as part of their investment strategy. 'Nuf said.
Nuf said, because you said nuf said? Take a hike.

I never indicated it was a "one-size-fits-all" proposition.

If a 401K makes sense for somebody, that's fine. What makes sense to me is not forking over money to bloodsucking vampire banksters because I'm too lazy to do a couple of hours of work a year (that I oughta be doing even if I have a 401K anyway, to make sure I'm not being ripped off). You're the one who started acting like a fucking expert when I suggested that 401K's are not always what they're cracked up to be.

And it's so interesting that you just can't acknowledge that your $17,500 pre-tax max was wrong. Reckon the percentage of 401K investors who actually have enough income to get anywhere near the pre-tax 401K max? Reckon you can clue me in?

Last edited by Ike Bana; 05-20-2014 at 02:57 PM.