View Single Post
Old 02-25-2022, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Your Versailles seed analogy is weak. The NAZI's blamed the WWI defeat, symbolized by said treaty, on traitorous Jews, thus creating a demon to rally around. The treaty was plant food for the seeds. Now, the Traité de Saint-Germain-en-Laye [url]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Saint-Germain-en-Laye_(1919)][/url was a seed: "As the Austrian national identity did not exist and develop prior to 1945, people had German national consciousness. Article 88 of the treaty required Austria to refrain from directly or indirectly compromising its independence, which meant that Austria could not enter into political or economic union with the German Reich without..." this is why Ansclush was such big deal. Hitler had united the German race. With this Hitler had the people behind him an the rest is history.
Greater minds than ours have this same disagreement. I was making a blanket statement, trying to avoid the weeds. I've been a student of the rise and fall of the Nazi party in Germany since the late 60's, when I was in high school. It's always fascinated me - to this day.

Have you read "The rise and fall of the third Reich"? It can be tedious at times, but if you plow through there are some great insights.