View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 04:28 PM
Admin

"Somewhere, in an undisclosed room in the U.S. Capitol, there is legislation that will ostensibly repeal and replace Obamacare. On Thursday, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) went on a high-profile, somewhat quixotic crusade to find it.
The whole circus was a manifestation of the fact that Republicans trying to make good on a campaign promise to get rid of Obamacare are caught between reality (undoing a major social program on which 20 million people rely isn't easy) and ideology (influential conservative groups are demanding that lawmakers fully repeal Obamacare, or else).

Then Paul got involved and took things to a whole other level.

The story of Rand Paul and the copy machine starts with a seemingly benign meeting. Paul got word that the members of a House Energy and Commerce Committee were gathering to talk about the legislation, as committee members with jurisdiction over health care sometimes do.

Paul marched over from the Senate to the House side — a good quarter-mile walk, depending on where you start — to bang on the door and demand that his colleagues in the House show him the “secret” draft Obamacare bill.

Never one to miss a posturing opportunity, Paul sent nearly a dozen tweets on his march over, ensuring that cameras and tweeting reporters greeted him when he showed up. He even brought his own copy machine — you know, just in case." WP
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b23fe057ec01

I guess the GOP has to pass RyanCare before anyone gets to read it...