View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Misunderstand christianity? I believe you are right, many have a skewed understanding.

You mention, the Father as the creator and the son as Jesus......so, how did that information come to you? How did you come to know you are christian? Where do your beliefs come from? Certainly you didn't pull that information out of thin air, right?
Hi Barabara.

It's not like I'm ignoring your question on purpose. The answer would be about a 10 page short story, and it would reinforce other people's opinion that I'm totally crazy. I'm just not willing to go to the effort at this time.

I did not pull it out of thin air. It did not come from my parents. My 'conversion' came as a result of being emotionally bankrupt (some would call it 'demoralized') and suicidal.

In 1985, I was walking home across a college campus, and then about 8 blocks to my house. I met and passed about 100 people walking in the other direction. No one would say 'Hi' to me, or even make eye contact. I vowed to commit suicide when I got home, if no one would say 'Hi' to me before I said 'Hi' to them. Yeah it's stupid, but I was serious about my vow and my intent. There was 8 inches of newly fallen snow on the ground, this becomes relevant to my story shortly.

About 2 blocks from my house, i saw a dude walking toward me. He was wearing a tunic, or serape. I thought I recognized him from some stoner party or some thing. As we made eye contact he was about 2 feet in front of me, his eyes were pure black. No white part at all. He said 'Hi', and I was stunned, didn't say anything. As soon as he walked past me, I suddenly thought 'That's Jesus Christ'. I spun around to look behind me and he was gone. No foot prints in the snow on either side. Just like the headlines on the old school National Enquire tabloids, i saw Jesus then he vanished.

I did not commit suicide that day. I was too terrified that I would go to Hell if I did. Years later, I came to realize that it was not Jesus, that it was a manifestation of the Devil masquerading as Jesus. I can't go into explaining how I came to this conclusion. It would take too long.

Some years later, I received a Baptist of the Holy Spirit. And no I'm not self-righteous or pious. I'm a back-slid, terrible Christian. Enough typing for now.

Last edited by BigElCat; 05-10-2022 at 08:48 PM.